Thursday, February 10, 2011

Itchy Feet...


Ahh - so i guess it all starts after I got back to Brown from studying abroad in London. Senior year - 2005-06. Fuck that was a great year. Living with all my favorite people, chillin because grades didnt matter as much (taking all of senior spring pass/fail) and enjoying one e-x-t-e-n-d-e-d last hurrah!

After the lovefest senior spring was (including the spring break in DR trip - special shoutouts to the fantastic four and the lovely ladies who joined us...another shoutout to Brugal!), I got some funding from the Dept. of State to go to India for the summer. It was warm in temperature, but going from a place where there's so much love and trust to being in a program with strangers in a community where I knew no one SUCKED. This juxtaposition was my first taste that Brown was truly something special - a period of time I may never get to re-live. So I tried to add highlight's to my hair - add a little Brown to my life. FAIL.

After that, I moved back to London and did a super-easy one year masters degree. Anyone who wants an extra qualification for the resume should think about going to London and getting a quick masters. I know NOTHING. But I am now a master of management. Score. Then I worked out there and basically learn to drink like an Englishman. (Side note: yeah I know - I didn't drink at Brown - but see what parting ways with Brown has done to me?!?!?) I engaged in much cultural exchange with the Brits - including eating fish and chips - and then teaching them beer pong. I am a professional beer pong player. I challenge anyone reading this to a game of beer pong at reunion.

Since quitting my job and taking an 'around the world trip,' I started law school in hella NorCal - come visit me! Brian Korgaonkar already has...

I am writing this to you all whilst in my Contracts class. SNOOZEFEST. First year of law school (in Berkeley, where it was 75 degrees for 3 consecutive days at some point last week) has consumed my life, but I look forward to making new Brown memories with you all at the 5 year reunion! Buy your tickets now!!!!

peace and love -
bali kumar

No comments:

Post a Comment