Sunday, February 27, 2011

From the MFA to MIT


From 2007 to 2010 I worked in fundraising at the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston. It was an especially exciting time to be at the MFA, during the fundraising, construction, installation, and finally the opening of the beautiful new Art of the Americas Wing. The Wing was designed by Sir Norman Foster and features art from all of the Americas and across time. If you’re in Boston you should check it out!


After an awesome three years at the MFA, I decided to leave the nonprofit and art worlds for business school. To switch things up, I picked the most quantitative program I could find and enrolled at MIT Sloan with fellow ’06-er Sonia Gupta where I’m doing more math than I have since high school!


Sloan has been a wonderful and challenging experience so far. With the intense first semester “core” behind me, I’m looking forward to traveling with classmates to London, Paris and Milan this March as part of a class I’m taking on the European Luxury Goods industry.

On a final note, I won’t be able to come to Reunion Weekend this year, but I have a good excuse: I’m getting married to another Brown Alum, John Lynch, over Memorial Day Weekend! Brown attendees will include Jen Doorly Magaziner and Whitney May as bridesmaids, and Jon Magaziner and Steven Levenson as ushers.

Have fun everyone, and see you at the 10th!

Ali Kaufman

No comments:

Post a Comment