Tuesday, February 22, 2011

El Origen Wool

In February 2008 I went to live in Uruguay and in July 2010 I returned home to the United States to begin my MBA at the University of Chicago. While in Uruguay I began a small exporting business called Textura, which retails and wholesales clothing and accessories handcrafted by women knitters (think your grandma. rocking chair. throwback). GOOD Magazine recently ran a story about our new vertically-integrated line, El Origen Wool, which uses only un-dyed mernio wool for its pieces. As I told GOOD and the Brown Alumni Magazine, my work with Textura (and now El Origen Wool) combines my interest in gender equity, craft, and sustainability. It also is keeping me sane as I learn the likes of the Fama-French Three Factor Model.


For the photos, Brown 2006 Alum Annie Costner lent me her beautiful face and Gillian Almy lent me her time and her beautiful city. Another 2006 Alum, Michael Ashton (of Youtube fame), got me hooked up with GOOD and photographer Laura Dart shot the scenes. I thank them all, and welcome you to explore our goods at http://www.texturastore.com/.


No comments:

Post a Comment