Saturday, January 22, 2011

From Brown Bear to Pizza Delivery Guy

When asked during second term '06 what I would do after graduation, I eagerly replied, "working for Domino's." Majority of people wished me well while scratching their heads, attempting to rationalize why an Ivy League graduate would use his degree to make pizzas. While I did learn to make a perfect pizza, Domino's Future Leaders Program has challenged me to develop effective leadership skills and given me firsthand practical knowledge of the ins and outs of the business world. The rotational program prides itself on diverse experiences from the store level to supply chain to corporate headquarters both domestically and abroad. These experiences resulted in relocations to Salt Lake City, Phoenix, Ann Arbor and presently Milwaukee in a consultant role working with business owners in multiple Midwestern states. My dear friend and three year roommate in Miller 105 Carl Harper brought some Bruno sunshine with him on his winter visit to Milwaukee this past year. As '06 commemorates our 5th anniversary, Domino's Pizza proudly celebrates 50 years of making, baking and taking pizzas to customers all over the globe!




5th year CELEBRATION begins EARLY


Just as the New Year was ushered in from east to west, the Brown Athletic Department started our festivities early as well. The first of many 5th year celebrations kicked off this past fall as the 2005 outright Ivy League Football Champions were honored at the Brown vs. Harvard Homecoming game. A near sellout crowd of 17,360 witnessed the first night game in Brown Stadium's 85-year history and played a critical role in Brown's 29-14 thrashing of the Crimson. The surreal moment of standing under the stadium lights side by side with other cheering members from the 2005 team, including a majority of the '06 class, left me with a full tank of how special the Brown family can be. Classmate Danielle Cerny (Best Class Ever Blog 01/20/11) truly recapped this feeling best when she said, "...almost 5 years out, and I feel as connected to the University as I did my first day on College Hill." Each return trip for football games and Commencement, along with the generous hospitality of 06' mate Matt Hostetler, revitalizes me with the enthusiasm and pride Brown fostered over four magical years. Viva '06 & God Bless Brown!

No comments:

Post a Comment